Thursday, January 6, 2011

1869 Visiting and Receiving Fashions Le Follet

I like my fashion plates a bit fussy. While I’m sure having too much detail or too many figures in the image detracts from the fashion itself, which is the point of the fashion plate, I delight in the little details. This Le Follet does not disappoint. I love how it captures everything from the texture of the dresses to the pattern of the rug to the intricate details of the furniture. It makes me want to drink tea from a china tea set that I don’t even own.

This comes from the British edition of Le Follet. The artist is Anais Colin Toudouze, who became from a family of artists and lithographers.* I do not have a description of the fashions depicted.

Photobucket

Larger image

*Information is from the ebay listing.

Purchased on ebay as a loose fashion plate, December 2010.

1 comment: